Dietetics is the science of how food and nutrition affects human health. Dietitians are healthcare professionals licensed to assess, diagnose, and treat nutritional problems. At Healthway we have registered dieticians to manage the nutritional requirements of our patients to provide nutrition therapy to patients with a variety of health conditions, and provide dietary consultations to patients and their families. They confer with other health care professionals to review patients’ medical charts and develop individual plans to meet their nutritional requirements. They also create and share public education programs in health and nutrition.
Our Dietitians manage the following:
• Assess patients’ and clients’ nutritional and health needs.
• Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
• Develop meals and nutrition plans, taking both clients’ preferences and budgets into account
• Evaluate the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed
• Promote better health by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases
• Create educational materials about healthy food choices
• Keep up with or contribute to the latest food and nutritional science research
• Document patients’ progress
Near People’s High School, Mala Panjim, Goa. 403001
HELPLINE : 0832 2424966